Re: Platform independent graphical display for Emacs

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Platform independent graphical display for Emacs
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 14:00:07 +0100 (CET)

Dec 25, 2021, 15:37 by eliz@gnu.org:

> I did -- but that was before I understood what was being proposed.
> The OP wanted assurance that the code will be accepted once done,
> and I cannot in good faith give him that, given what's being actually
> proposed. Doing so would be betraying the OP's trust, especially if
> eventually we don't like the results.
> And I fail to see how that solves the long-term maintenance problem,
> once we do accept the code. This happened in the past, more than
> once.

It would be extremely unfair to expect any sort of guarantee.  IMHO
only things required are plans and desire to have that sort of thing
inside the Emacs.  If the end result is disliked by the community,
it must not be included, and wait available for revisions.

See: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02203.html