Re: HTML info

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: HTML info
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 20:32:33 +0200

>> I've written a message to the Texinfo list about this today, see
>>
>>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2021-12/msg00150.html
>
> Interesting, this discussion suggested to create an add-on for eww,
> and this makes sense: such eww browser extension could be a mode
> derived from eww-mode with additional Info keys such as ‘t’ for top-node,
> ‘s’ to search HTML pages, ‘i’ to look up a string in the HTML index, etc.

I meant that the HTML output of makeinfo is indented to be read
in a web browser, and info.js adds more features of the Info reader.

The same way in Emacs eww displays the HTML output of makeinfo.
So the missing ingredient is a component that corresponds to info.js.
Obviously in Emacs it should be written in Lisp and enabled by eww
on visiting an HTML page produced by makeinfo.