Re: blink-matching-paren jump-offscreen

From: Mario Lang
Subject: Re: blink-matching-paren jump-offscreen
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 10:20:36 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Mario Lang <mlang@blind.guru>
>> Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 07:47:44 +0100
>>
>> Updating to Emacs 29, I see that my setting of
>>
>> blink-matching-paren
>>
>> is apparently not honored.
>
> What is "your setting", and how is it not honored by Emacs 29?

Sorry, I was assuming you would be able to infer this from the subject:

My blink-matching-paren is set to 'jump-offscreen, and I expect
it to behave like it used to do before.  IOW, if I type
a matching closing paren, I want point to briefly jump to the matching
paren, and go back again.  Basically the same as if I manually typed

) M-b M-f

This is how blink-matching-paren always behaved, before
someone decided to make it "better" around Emacs 28 development phase.

I rely on point jumping around, because I basically dont see
any color changes at all.  I am using Emacs with a braille display in
emacs -nw.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕