Re: Ansi-color uses the same values for fore- and background colours

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Ansi-color uses the same values for fore- and background colours
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 09:51:27 -0700

On 8/9/2023 5:10 AM, Tony Zorman wrote:
by default, all of the `ansi-color-«COLOUR»' faces (defined in
`ansi-color.el') set the foreground and background colour to the exact
same value.
[snip]

---

[…] this can result in hard to read text; for example:

     https://i.imgur.com/nZsh00N.png

Notice the blue background in the bottom left corner.

Have you customized your settings for "man" somehow (or maybe changed your pager)? I don't see colors that look like that at all. In fact, I only see black and white text (or vice versa), as I'd normally expect when looking at "man" output. It's all perfectly easy to read on my end.

If you *have* customized some of your settings, maybe you just need to tweak them so that they don't produce unreadable output.