Re: [ELPA] New Package: phpinspect.el

From: Hugo Thunnissen
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New Package: phpinspect.el
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 23:33:03 +0200

On 8/15/23 22:28, Philip Kaludercic wrote:

I am not familiar with Cask, what does this provide over a simple
Makefile?

It locally installs the package's dependencies and starts emacs with a clean profile that only has those dependencies available. It doesn't do much, but it's easy to use and it seems to help prevent "it works with my setup" scenarios. I only started using it recently though so I'm not very familiar with it, nor am I very skilled with make for that matter ;)

What would a simple Makefile for a typical elisp package look like? Is it common practice to create clean environments like cask does?