Re: Org mode and Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 20:49:19 +0800

> Why is it a problem? I have seen this term elsewhere as well.
>
> In any case, the key point is not the terminology, but the fact that
> other people independently grouped Org markup with multiple other
> markups that are widely used.

I may not be the individual best qualified to speak apropos this
subject, but I can't imagine any reason learning Texinfo should be any
more challenging than learning a version of Org extended to sufficiently
address every one of Texinfo's applications.  Annulling any hypothetical
advantage -- should it exist -- is the significant body of GNU
developers who are already proficient in Texinfo, many of whom bear no
interest in Org.

Richard, what makes you believe that?  Can you provide any concrete
examples of Texinfo constructs that would be simpler in Org?