Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 20:58:49 +0300

> Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 20:38:18 +0300
> From: "Bozhidar Batsov" <bozhidar@batsov.dev>
> Cc: dmitry@gutov.dev, luangruo@yahoo.com, danny@dfreeman.email,
>  "Stefan Kangas" <stefankangas@gmail.com>,
>  "Emacs Devel" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>,
>  "Manuel Uberti" <manuel.uberti@inventati.org>
>
> I believe this conversation has drifted a lot from the original topic
> (clojure-ts-mode). I have to say I'm a
> bit frustrated that every time someone wants to submit something to NonGNU
> ELPA there's some
> push to either submit to GNU ELPA or core instead. I've been maintaining
> almost all of the Clojure
> dev tooling for Emacs for over a decade, so I do believe that by now I know
> what I'm doing and how I
> want to do things. I've said a million times by now that I don't want
> contributors to have to deal with
> copyright agreements and with quirks/oddities in the Emacs development
> process. I believe that the
> maintainers who actually work on something should be allowed to decide how
> their projects get
> developed.

With such a hostile attitude, why do you expect us to be friendly?
"My way or the highway".

And I believe the Emacs maintainers also know what they are doing,
after so many years.  Please at least allow for that, if you want us
to do the same.

> All the other Clojure modes are on NonGNU ELPA already (clojure-mode, CIDER,
> inf-clojure, etc), so
> let's avoid philosophical discussions about the merits of X, Y and Z and just
> get this done, please.

I guess "philosophical discussions" ("I've said a million times by now
that I don't want contributors to have to deal with copyright
agreements and with quirks/oddities in the Emacs development process")
are only allowed for you?