Re: Org mode and Emacs

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 08:53:57 +0000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > Sorry, but I can only see a closed list of inline emphasis constructs in
>   >
> https://docutils.sourceforge.io/docs/ref/rst/restructuredtext.html#inline-markup
>
>   > I may be misunderstanding you.
>
> I don't remember it any more precisely, so I can't tell you more.
>
> I notice that you're talking about restructuredtext and I am talking
> about Sphinx.  Are the two related?  I don't remember.

When I looked up Sphinx, the documentation directed me to
reStructuredtext for markup description:

https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/
    Sphinx uses the reStructuredText markup language by default, and can
    read MyST markdown via third-party extensions.

Also, Yuri pointed me to

which is similar to what we planned for Org: @role{interpreted text}

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,