RE: [External] : Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 16:18:07 +0000

>> Not all the users are even familiar with Git.
>> But every Emacs user is expected to know how
>> to M-x package-upgrade.
>
> Really?  Who's expecting whom to expect
> that?  What's being based on such imposed
> expectations?
> Expectations about "every Emacs user"
> should be _very_ limited, perhaps even
> zero.

Maybe. But it is a reasonable ask to Emacs users to at least skim
through Emacs manual and be familiar with basic terminology. Otherwise,
we simply cannot communicate things efficiently. IMHO, "Emacs packages"
is a part of basic terminology. But certainly not Git, which has no
relation to Emacs, except to the Emacs packages that work with Git -
specialized packages not aiming for all Emacs users.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,