Re: Add a function for building sort predicates

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Add a function for building sort predicates
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 21:11:26 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> > I consider this only as a start.  With UI you mean customize?  Anyway,
> > the answer is probably YES.
>
> Even a simple data structure should be easier than a full-fledged
> function.

Not sure I understand what you are getting at.

In my code example, the data structure is the specification of the rules
in the call - a nested list, suitable for this task.  We need something
that makes the structure being "applicable" by `sort' - this is the
function implementation.  I'm probably misunderstanding.

Michael.