eglot--post-self-insert-hook and native indentation

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: eglot--post-self-insert-hook and native indentation
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 13:45:35 +0100

Hi,

I've just noticed the function eglot--post-self-insert-hook, which, to
my untrained eyes, is doing LSP-driven indentation.  Yet, it seems to
have no effect, the indentation style that's being used is the one
that's configured at the Emacs level.  (I've checked by manually
invoking eglot-format, which does indeed reformat my buffer in a style
different from the one that's configured in Emacs.)

Does that mean that the code is being indented twice, first by eglot and
then by Emacs, and therefore that we're doing useless work?  If that's
the case, then I would suggest changing the default vale of
eglot-ignored-server-capabilities to include :documentOnTypeFormattingProvider.

Thanks,

-- Juliusz