Re: Request to include a couple of packages in GNU ELPA

From: Rahguzar
Subject: Re: Request to include a couple of packages in GNU ELPA
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 09:42:43 +0100

Hi Richard,

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > 1) consult-hoogle: https://codeberg.org/rahguzar/consult-hoogle
>   > It allows the use of hoogle search engine for haskell programming
>   > language from Emacs using the interfaces provided by consult package.
>
> I've never heard of hoogle.  What job does this do?
> How is hookle related to Haskell?

Hoogle is tool to index documentation and type signatures in Haskell
code and use the resulting database to search for functions/type
classes/modules/packages etc. It can do textual search but it can also
do type based search e.g. it can find functions that match a type
signature.

There is web front end available at  https://hoogle.haskell.org/ but the
package consult-hoogle is for using hoogle installed locally from within
Emacs.

Rahguzar