Re: Declaring Lisp function types

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: Declaring Lisp function types
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 17:35:12 -0600

Hi Andrea,

Finally on top of 'scratch/func-type-decls' (where I there was already a
similar work for primitives) I pushed some commits that allows for the
following style:

(defun sum (a b)
  (declare (function (integer integer) integer))
  (+ a b))

I moved all function declaration out of 'comp-known-type-specifiers' and
everything looks functional now.

Before writing a ton of changelogs I thought was good to get some
feedback anyway. WDYT?

That looks nice to me. My only suggestion would be to change the symbol `function` to `type`, i.e.

  (defun sum (a b)
    (declare (type (integer integer) integer))
    (+ a b))

Because it would be more concise and descriptive.

Thanks for your work on these features!

--Adam