Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic clock-in

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic clock-in
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:50:12 -0400

Andrea Crotti <address@hidden> wrote:

> Benjamin Andresen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hey Andrea,
> >

> > Maybe C-u M-x org-clock-in RET does what you want.
> >
> > br,
> > benny
>
> Ah great that's really nice, I always forget to try the magic C-u
> first...
> So by the way what is the real function called when prefixing C-u?

The same function is called, but with the optional SELECT argument set.
C-h f org-clock-in says:

,----

`----

> I mean, can I call it directly?

You mean from lisp code? You call it like this:

    (org-clock-in 4)

(that's what C-u M-x org-clock-in does), or

    (org-clock-in 16)

(that's what C-u C-u M-x org-clock-in does.)

And, btw, that's what C-u and C-u C-u do *always*: see section 7.10,
Numeric Arguments, in the Emacs manual.

HTH,
Nick