Re: [Orgmode] turn off inclusion of JavaScript helper code?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] turn off inclusion of JavaScript helper code?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:22:43 +0200

Stefan Vollmar <address@hidden> writes:
> Hello,
>
> in our org-mode generated HTML pages we find these snippets:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> <!--/*--><![CDATA[/*><!--*/
>  function CodeHighlightOn(elem, id)
>  { ...
>  }
>  function CodeHighlightOff(elem, id)
>  { ...
>  }
> /*]]>*///-->
> </script>
>
> We have just noticed that MS Internet Explorer complains that these
> lines pose a security risk (Firefox and Safari have no problem with
> them), deleting the JavaScript code solves the issue. I have found a
> link that might explain the problem:
> http://www.codingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-78039.html
>
> (the problem is limited to locally accessed HTML pages, not HTML
> content that is accessed over a network; we now use org-mode to
> generate a locally stored collection of online help files in HTML - so
> this is an awkward issue for us)

M-x customize-variable RET org-export-html-style-include-scripts

You can turn the inclusion off in your `org-export-projects-alist':

    :style-include-scripts nil

> As our pages do not need this JavaScript code anyway, having a switch that
> prevents this code from being included would be a good solution from our
> point of view. Naturally, we could have a "postprocessing" script to remove
> the offending lines before releasing the HTML content, however, that seems
> such a crude approach.
>
> Here is a suggestion, maybe there could be a new switch for #+OPTIONS:
>
> javascript: turn on/off inclusion of JavaScript helper code for code
> highlighting
>
> and while we are at it:
>
> css: turn on/off inclusion of stylesheet?

M-x customize-variable org-export-html-style-include-default RET

And per project in  `org-export-projects-alist':

   :style-include-default nil

HTH

  Sebastian