Re: [O] Bug: Org Table: Field formulas with hline-address on right-hand

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Org Table: Field formulas with hline-address on right-hand side don't work anymore [7.8.09]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 19:50:37 +0200

Carsten Dominik writes:
> I cannot even find a 5.x version where this worked.

It does work, but you have to be very careful not to pick up another org
or org-install at all (i.e. you'll never get it to work with Emacs23
unless you forcefully remove org and all its autoloads from the Emacs
install).  But further investigation with the debugger then shows that
the reason why it works is a bug when matching the lhs (or so I think,
it is very hard to understand why it choses that code path) that then
leads to the formula being recognized as a "numbered" equation; in other
words the part "@II$" is completely ignored.  Why this then breaks after
org-table.el moved into a separate file is another mystery, but
fortunately it doesn't have to be solved... :-)

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: