Re: [O] Tables in Plain Lists

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Tables in Plain Lists
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 14:31:02 -0400

SW <address@hidden> wrote:

> Joost Kremers <joostkremers <at> fastmail.fm> writes:
>
> >> TAB won't indent it but you can use the rectable C-x r o to shift it
> >> right so it is part of the list.
>
> > actually, IME, if you select the table and then hit tab, it does indent.
>
> Not for me. The rectable solution is a good one though.

Are you sure? As Joost says, you have to select the table (C-space at
one end and move to the other end; and I think transient-mark-mode must
be in effect - which is on by default in emacs24, but maybe not in
emacs23? - so you should see the table highlighted). Pressing TAB after
that indents the table AFAICS.

Nick