[O] Unable to 'make oldorg'

From: Greg Lucas
Subject: [O] Unable to 'make oldorg'
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 18:02:20 +0000 (UTC)

I'm trying to build using the "oldorg" target. (I'm use el-get and the
recipe relies on "oldorg".) On my OS X machine this is failing because
I don't have Tex (see output below). This was not a requirement
before.

I believe the problem is a recent change to targets.mk that made "doc"
a prerequisite to "compile". I'm not familiar enough with this build
to understand the reason for this change or propose an alternative
that would keep "oldorg" working as before.

output:

make -C doc info
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `info'.
make -C doc html
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `html'.
make -C doc pdf
texi2pdf --batch --clean org.texi
You don't have a working TeX binary (tex) installed anywhere in
your PATH, and texi2dvi cannot proceed without one.  If you want to use
this script, you'll need to install TeX (if you don't have it) or change
your PATH or TEX environment variable (if you do).  See the --help
output for more details.

For information about obtaining TeX, please see http://www.tug.org.  If
you happen to be using Debian, you can get it with this command:
  apt-get install tetex-bin
make[1]: *** [org.pdf] Error 1
make: *** [pdf] Error 2

Thanks,