Re: [O] Quotes for LaTeX export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Quotes for LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:37:09 +0100

Hello,

Laurens Van Houtven <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > IIRC, there was support for csquotes in the old exporter[fn:1] but I
>> guess
>> > it went away when the new exporter came along.
>>
>> Yes, it'd be good to make it possible again to use
>> \usepackage{csquotes} and \enquote{something}.
>

> I guess it's obvious, but yes; I agree :)

I'm still not convinced about the need to support this package out of
the box.

We already have a working solution for many languages, and more general
that this LaTeX-centered command. It has limitations, but "csquotes"
support would inherit them anyway since it would be built on top of
smart quotes mechanism.

If you want to csquotes, I suggest to:

  1. Disable smart quotes.

  2. Define a macro like: