Re: [O] FW: How to load .el file during startup and exe cute its command

From: Martin Beck
Subject: Re: [O] FW: How to load .el file during startup and exe cute its commands (Win7/org8)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 07:32:10 +0000 (UTC)

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> M <Elwood151 <at> web.de> writes:
>
> > have to load my settings file manually (open, eval-buffer, close) at
> > each startup...
>
> By hand, do
>
>    M-x load-file RET path-to-file RET
>
> Now after you have done this, do
>
>   M-x list-command-history RET

For my understanding: Is there a difference between load and load-file?

Anyway, thanks a lot! That helped me quickly finding the source of my
2 real problems:

I first loaded the second .el file with my custom settings
from my .emacs and then afterwards overwrote these custom
 agenda settings like the agenda-files with the following commands
 in my  .emacs, which had been inserted at the end of the
 .emacs file... :-(
By placing the loading of my custom settings from the 2nd
 file at the end of my .emacs, the
problem was solved.

The other problem was, that due to a permissions problem,
the evaluation of my .emacs file was interrupted at the
(server-start) command..

Kind regards

Martin