Re: [O] Bug: shiftmeta[left|right] on multi line items [9.1.2 (release_9

From: Nathan Aclander
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: shiftmeta[left|right] on multi line items [9.1.2 (release_9.1.2-40-g6ca906 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:33:39 -0800

> This is confusing because it is ambiguous. The same point could
> correspond to a table, multiple lists, and multiple headings, all
> reclaiming S-M-left binding.

I think I agree with your point that having the S-M-left bindings
overloaded by other modes reclaiming S-M-left will get confusing.

However, I don't use the S-M-left binding, but rather call
org-shiftmetaleft or org-shiftmetaright, I've never used other minor
modes in sublist so I'm not sure if there are any that also re-purpose
the org-shiftmetaleft/right commands.

Now I'm curious, do you have an example list where this would be
obviously confusing and ambiguous?

> You can also define a function that does this and add it to
> `org-shiftmetaleft-hook' or `org-shiftmetaright-hook'.

Yup, I wrote a function that ends up doing this for me.

Nathan