Re: [O] Restore old easy template feature (Re: function for inserting a

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] Restore old easy template feature (Re: function for inserting a block)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 17:07:09 -0500

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Bastien Guerry <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Kaushal,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> I am suggesting to have a minor mode that simply binds "<" to do the
> template insertion (only when that is typed at BOL with optional
> leading whitespace, or if a region is selected).

I think this is a great suggestion and brings the best of both the new
and the old system.

I cannot test this myself until this week-end, but I'd happy too then.

I guess I missed this ocnversation while I was busy wiht other stuff  -- the old easy templating has been removed? I am certainly very sorry to see it go, esp. as I have found yasnippet to work only intermittently in org-mode buffers (at least for me).   I see Kaushal has added it back in his config files, but if someone has a slightly less specialized solution for restoring it I would love to see it.

I see Nicolas's point that this functionality exists elsewhere, but maybe someone can point to a ready-made replacement for those of us who rely on <s, etc., as part of our daily workflow?

Thanks everyone!