Re: [O] org-store/insert-link truncating the full subject of mails

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: [O] org-store/insert-link truncating the full subject of mails
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 19:22:09 -0400

> I think limiting the number of characters in the description is to be on
> the safe side. 30 characters are usually enough to understand what the
> mail is about.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by being on the safe
side in this context?  What problems could potentially arise from
returning the subject in full length?

> In any case, if other users feel strongly about changing the default
> value, I don't mind. I hope you understand that one data point is not
> enough, tho.

Considering my above question and me not knowing why/where this
limit comes from, if there’s a legitimate reason to truncate the
subject then so be it.  But if not, I’d probably be in favour of
changing the default to lift the limit.

Or at the very least mentioning `org-email-link-description-format'
in the docstring for `org-store-link' and potentially other functions
affected by the setting.

just my 2¢.

-amin