[O] Possible feature request (but more of a request for comment/opinion)

From: Emil Vatai
Subject: [O] Possible feature request (but more of a request for comment/opinion)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 16:40:38 +0900

I got encouraged on the IRC channel to write about my ambitions here.

So I have a web page generated by org-mode which has a fancy quote at the beginning, generated by #+BEGIN/END_QUOTE of course... and the signature/citation/reference at the end seemed off so I googled "html blockquote" and apparently the proper way to use it [1] is to have a <cite> tag after the <blockquote> tag. So I thought, this can't be so hard... let's do it... a few copy/pastes and search-and-replaces later... I realized that the #+BEGIN/END_QUOTE block is processed not just by ox-html but also buy the other backends... so to make things nice, I'd need to implement the same thing in them as well... which might not be a meaningful thing to do.

I just had that urge that "wow, I want to contribute to that cool project (org-mode) which I use so much"... but it's not something what I thing should be extra useful. It can be done without adding a CITE block to the html export backend. I need it only in one place - so probably not worth it.

But still, any opinion on this? (I got really good encouragement on IRC to write here)

Best,
EmilĀ

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/blockquote

--