Re: Org to ConTeXt exporter?

From: Jason Ross
Subject: Re: Org to ConTeXt exporter?
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 19:52:37 -0800

On 12/28/20 5:38 AM, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, I am wondering if there are plans to create an
Org to ConTeXt exporter in the future, or if there is already some work
in progress on this front.

I have to say that among TeX formats I tend to prefer LaTeX to ConTeXt;
but ConTeXt has very interesting features (grid typesetting, for
example) that LaTeX lacks (for now) and has a more monolithic structure,
that is, it does not need to be extended through packages as in LaTeX.

Regards,

Juan Manuel

I recently had the same thought and I've started working on one.
You can see it here:

https://github.com/Jason-S-Ross/ox-context/

It's no substitute for the LaTeX exporter but it implements a lot
of the basics. I'm deriving from the LaTeX exporter but I have
to override most of the transcoders so it may be better to start
from scratch.

Disclaimer: I'm learning elisp as I go, so please excuse the
rough edges.

Jason Ross