[Groff] unicode support, many parts - what for?

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] unicode support, many parts - what for?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:46:49 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner and Bruno,

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Before freezing the glyph API, let me add more naming fixes and
comments.
Bruno,
all your patches are now in the CVS, thanks!
   Werner

may you, please, explain to mere mortals what user-visible changes
arise (are likely to arise) from this swarm of patches?
Any changes in config files (font files)?
Is CJK suppport one of the reasons behind the changes?

                    Sincerely, Michail
PS.
 Even an answer as short as "3*None",
 or as harsh as "No-No to foreign interference in out internal affairs"
 will provide me with a reasonable amount of peace of mind ;)