[Groff] Is it possible to split macro arguments?

From: erich hoffmann
Subject: [Groff] Is it possible to split macro arguments?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 15:55:10 +0200

Hello.

I googled and tried a lot for this question, found nothing, I think
that what I want is not possible - so I'm asking here to make sure
that I am not missing something. - For a special text, a sort of
notation of chords for the accordion, I want a macro roughly like this:

.de ch
\\$1\d\s-8\\$2\s0\r\\$3\u\s-8\v´+2´\\$4\s0
..

So that I can write

.ch A 4 a7 2

to get the result, and this works perfectly.

Is it possible to split arguments into single characters so that I could
write

.ch A4a72

and get the same result, like with the split() function in perl or awk?

TIA,
Erich