Re: [Groff] A trap with 'tbl'!

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: Re: [Groff] A trap with 'tbl'!
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 14:10:36 +0100

Hello Ted,

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 22:25:59 +0100 (BST)
(Ted Harding) <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings All!
> I'm writing to flag up a little trap that one might
> fall into when using 'tbl'.
>
> Background: I'm setting up a table and I want each
> row to have a row number to the left of the table.
> (etc)

Even with the corrections given by various respondents,
the result does not work for me: the title row is numbered,
but the last row on each page is not. I couldn't fix this,
but if it is only the signature lines which are to be numbered,
you could omit the \v'-1.5m' from your definition, as this
puts the number on the *previous* line. Why -1.5m anyway?
Is this documented in tbl? Is m not a measure of horizontal
distance? The amount should be an upwards movement of 1v
plus the space taken up by the horizontal line (I couldn't
find a definition of this).

Best wishes,

Denis