Re: [Groff] postscript (ps) device and utf8

From: Volker Wolfram
Subject: Re: [Groff] postscript (ps) device and utf8
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:35:36 +0100

Morten Bo Johansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there some way that I can print a file that contains wide
> characters with the "ps" device?
>
> I need to use the ps device to preserve the typography (it
> seems), but the wide characters are not printed correctly.
>
> I suppose that I need to specify a utf8 font for the ps output
> device?
>
> I use the following command line:
>
>   groff -mm -Tps <file>.mm | lpr -PHL-2030-series
>

> Thanks,
>
> Morten

Hi Morten,

I'm using this command in my printing workflow:

GNU groff version 1.21
GNU groff comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of groff and its subprograms
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

called subprograms:

GNU grops (groff) version 1.21
GNU troff (groff) version 1.21

This is my workflow makefile:
---snip
template = text
default:
        echo $(template)
text:
        groff -Tps -k -K utf-8 -dpaper=a4l -P-pa4 -P-l -mm $(template).tr >
$(template).ps
        ps2pdf14 $(template).ps
        mupdf $(template).pdf
print: