Re: [Groff] <OK> Backgound image slightly higher on page one

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] <OK> Backgound image slightly higher on page one
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 10:01:38 -0500

On Sat, Dec 01, 2012 at 10:42:07AM +0000, Jérôme Frgacic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently discover groff and i want to create some slide with it for a
> lesson.
> In this case, I'm using the ms macro package and a papersize of 720px540p (in
> landscape format).
> Also, I use a background image and this sequence of macros and requests to
> include it and then write over it :
>
> .mk
> .PSPIC mypic.eps
> .rt
> .\" rest of the text
>
> This image is used on each slide, but it is a slightly higher on page one
> than the other pages.
> I think this come from the header, but I'm not sure.
> I've tried to suppress the macros PT and HD but this didn't change anything.
> As well, I've attempted to use the macro P1 to include the header on page 1
> too.
> But, again, this didn't have settled the problem.
>
> Does anyone have a solution ?

Try placing
        .rs
above  .mk .

from groff(7)
        .rs       Restore spacing; turn no-space mode off.

If that does not work, try placing
        \&
(the zero-width filler character) above  .mk .

Groff starts off in  no-space mode  until either the  .rs  command or some text
is output.  no-space mode  means any request for vertical spacing is ignored.

I cannot find where this is explained in the documentation.
        Computing Science Technical Report No. 54
               Troff User's Manual
hints at it, but ...

--
 Mike Bianchi