Re: [Groff] producing a booklet with groff ?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] producing a booklet with groff ?
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 13:45:13 +0000

Hi Tadziu,

> ps2ps, on the other hand, interprets the Postscript code and writes a
> completely new Postscript file which, code-wise, bears little
> resemblance to the original.

I often do `ps2pdf downloaded.pdf test.pdf', yes, input is PDF, not
PostScript, to see if test.pdf comes out smaller than downloaded.pdf if
I'm intending to keep it.  Sometimes the savings are large.  (With older
Ghostscripts it was wise to visually check test.pdf a little as it could
have obvious errors but that's not been a problem of late.)  I wonder if
I'm rastering the fonts when doing this.

Cheers, Ralph.