Re: [Groff] GNU troff version 1.22.3

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] GNU troff version 1.22.3
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 10:21:55 +0100 (CET)

> I agree contributors should prepare unified old-new patches, but you
> might like to know about Tim Waugh's patchutils for manipulating
> patches, including reversing them.  [...]

Thanks.  However, since we are working with a git repository, the most
preferred solution is to check the repository out, apply the patches,
then simply say

  git diff > diff-file

Alternatively, people who work with the tarball should expand it
twice, namely into `groff.old' and `groff.new', for example, then
applying changes to `groff.new', then saying

  diff -ruN groff.old groff.new > diff-file