Re: [Groff] Different font in first line of paragraph

From: peters
Subject: Re: [Groff] Different font in first line of paragraph
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 17:39:55 +0200

Tadziu Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> > is there a robust way to switch to a different font after
> > the first line of a paragraph is adjusted? The example below
> > comes close, but the first word of the second line of the
> > paragraph is already typeset in the previous font.
> > [snip]
>
> You might try playing around with this:
> [snip]
>
> (don't know if it's robust enough, though)

Thanks, this is a nice solution which works fine in groff and Heirloom
troff. The asciify request is crucial here. Regarding "robust" I was
hoping for a solution that would work in as many troff implementations
as possible, e.g., Plan 9 troff or neatroff. But I'd guess the
unformatting of the partial line cannot be done in another way.

Best wishes
Dirk