Re: weird \s

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: weird \s
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 08:38:54 -0400

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 09:57:08AM +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
>       :
> The point of being able to format historical documents is that they can
> be formatted without examination and editing to fix what today might be
> considered bad style.

In an ideal world, preserved historical documents would be generated from
preserved historical source processed by preserved historical processing
programs running on preserved historical systems.
"Backward" compatibility has always been fraught with pain.

Designing for forward compatibility requires a genius we rarely,
but do occasionally, see.  I think UTF-8 encoding may be such.

--
 Mike Bianchi