1.23: UTF-8 device produces mysterious characters

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: 1.23: UTF-8 device produces mysterious characters
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:43:00 +0200

Hello!

I have problems with the UTF-8 device, it shows

  on‐main‐loop‐tick
instead of
  on-main-loop-tock

ie U+2010 instead of hyphen-minus U+002D.
The above does not feel right, and searching is impossible!
I would expect U+2010 HYPHEN in hyphenation, but not as a regular
combiner aka delimiter joined words as are used very often in
German, for example.

--steffen