guix-devel

Re: MIPS64/N64 support

From: Nikita Karetnikov
Subject: Re: MIPS64/N64 support
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 06:16:28 +0400

> Instead of a URL, you can also change bootstrap.scm to refer directly to
> a local file name, like this:

>   (package
>     (source "/home/nikita/my-guile-that-works.tar.gz")
>     ...)

I’m sorry to say that we probably won’t be able to include the MIPS
binaries in 0.4 because it takes like three days to build everything.

The attached error is raised when I’m trying to build ‘hello’.  It seems
that the code is trying to use a string as a procedure.

I can’t spend more time on this issue today, but I’ll try to look into
it tomorrow.