guix-devel

Elixir upstream question

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Elixir upstream question
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 12:55:01 +0200

I raised issue https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/issues/5043

Jose Valim, the author of Elixir, responded with:

---

I would love to include patches that generally make Mix or Elixir work
better but those seem like they would be putting a maintenance burden
on us, specially because we don't really know what is available on GNU
Guix and what is not. We would be guessing, specially when some of
those outcomes is exactly what we are testing (like handling of the
HOME environment variable).

Can't we rather try figure out if we can set a reliable PATH for
running those tests suites so we can use dialyzer and git as usual?

---

git and some other tools can be invoked from one place and patched. I
can help fix that.

My question: in the build environment, what would be a good stub for
$HOME? Can we use something for $TMPDIR?

In the test phase there appear to be write errors in the build dir -
any idea why that would be?

Thanks,

Pj.