guix-devel

GRUB LUKS support is slow?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: GRUB LUKS support is slow?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 23:04:38 +0100

Hello Guix,

I have an encrypted root.  When GRUB asks me for my passphrase, it takes
5–10 seconds after I hit enter before it displays the menu; then, once
I’ve selected an entry, it takes another 5 seconds or so to boot.

It’s always been this way for me (that’s on UEFI), but I’m sufficiently
annoyed to write this message today.  :-)

Are others experiencing this as well?  Any hints?

Ludo’.