guix-devel

Re: ARMHF flash image - Put on website under GuixSD

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: ARMHF flash image - Put on website under GuixSD
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 14:28:52 +0200

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> skribis:

> finally, https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3044681 (flash-image armhf) built.
>
> Can we put it on the website at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/download/
> inside the GuixSD part?
>
> I think it would be nice to have something ready-to-go for ARM systems as
> well,
> and this would be a good start.  Apart from the bootloader, everything should
> work as-is in there.  And the user can either keep the original bootloader
> on the board or flash a new one after booting GuixSD - either in qemu or
> on a real machine.

I agree that it would be nice, but to what extent is this image generic
to all ARM boards?  My understanding is that images are necessarily
bound to a specific board.

Other considerations include the fact that it’s yet another image to
build when we make a release, but perhaps the solution is simply to
improve our automation and build farm availability.

Thanks,
Ludo’.