guix-devel

Re: Option to disable tests from commandline?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Option to disable tests from commandline?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 14:13:13 +0200

Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
I find it particularly convenient when working around packages like Git where the build phase takes about 2 minutes while the check phase takes about 1 hour.

Just curious: why don't you want to edit the package? And what do you mean by 'working around'?

We can't (well, RFC-2119 'MUST NOT' :-) risk installing an untested git to the same output as a tested one: that would violate the functional model.

Kind regards,

T G-R