guix-devel

Re: bootstrap: i686-linux now builds without binutils, gcc seeds

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: bootstrap: i686-linux now builds without binutils, gcc seeds
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:23:55 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:

> Hmm, make check showed some silly errors, I needed this patch

And I needed another one to get tests/builders.scm to pass.  And
although it passes it builds most of mes bootstrap in ./test-tmp, which
takes quite a bit of time.

Moreover, quite some other problems

Testsuite summary for GNU Guix 0.15.0.1569-63288
# TOTAL: 791
# PASS:  771
# SKIP:  10
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  10
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

plain core-updates only lists one failure (FAIL: tests/debug-link.scm).
So, I have a core-updates-next on my gitlab and a wip-bootstrap with two
added patches on our savannah.

I will continue looking into the other 10 problems, but am already stuck
for half an our on what might be wrong with the first...

FAIL: tests/packages.scm
FAIL: tests/gexp.scm
FAIL: tests/union.scm
FAIL: tests/debug-link.scm