guix-devel

Wacom tablet issues

From: raingloom
Subject: Wacom tablet issues
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 15:53:48 +0100

I'm having trouble properly setting up my Wacom Intuos CTH-480 tablet. It is recognized as a tablet and pressure sensitivity is working, but the eraser is not recognized as a separate input device. I used it in Arch, where it worked flawlessly, so it's not a driver bug.

`libwacom-list-local-devices` shows them, but `xsetwacom --list devices` does not.

I think it is a udev issue.

I ran `udevadm info $(libwacom-list-local-devices | grep 'Device node' | cut -f 4- -d ' ')` in both Guix and a NixOS VM and in Guix it seems to only show a single device, while in Nix it shows 3.

I managed to get the libwacom udev rules in my system config, at least I think I did, since the following files exist:

```
/run/booted-system/profile/lib/udev/rules.d/65-libwacom.rules
/run/booted-system/profile/lib/udev/rules.d/wacom.rules
```

Not sure how to proceed. Any tips?