guix-devel

Re: rust (build system) deficits

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: rust (build system) deficits
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 15:50:50 +0100

Am 09.03.20 um 15:00 schrieb John Soo:

>> - nettle-src, since it is "optional" for nettle-sys - and the phase was
>> not executed.
>> - bindgen, since it is required to build nettle-sys
>> - lalrpop, since it is required for building sequoia-openpgp
>
> That is a lot of work! […] Also I found the recursive crate importer very
> helpful, even if it was imperfect. Are you using the importer or doing the
> work by hand?

My point is less the work, but the non-transitive declarations:
nettle-sys is an multi-indirect input for sequioa-sqv, still the later
needs to specify these dependencies.

This importer does not solve the declarations, and IMHO it should not
anyway - as the are dependencies of another packages, which might change
over time.

Sure: <https://gitlab.digitalcourage.de/htgoebel/guix/-/tree/HG-squoia>

--
Regards