guix-devel

Re: About guix mirror build script

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: About guix mirror build script
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 10:20:53 +0100

tumashu <address@hidden> writes:

> In China , guix  substitute  download  seem to be  tooooooooooooo slow,
> nearly unuseable.

I have enabled an rsync daemon on ci.guix.gnu.org to share the “guix
publish” cache.  There are a few things missing:

* not all files in /gnu/cache/guix can be read due to overly restrictive
  permissions generated by “guix publish”

* having a copy of the cache alone is not enough.  You’ll need to serve
  them like “guix publish” would.  I haven’t looked closely enough, but
  it should be possible to serve this all statically.

The first useful step, I believe, is to mirror the “guix publish” cache.

--
Ricardo