guix-devel

Re: Guix Data Services - Outreachy Applicant

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Guix Data Services - Outreachy Applicant
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 11:55:18 +0100

Hello Daniela,

Daniela Lura <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. márc. 11., Sze 0:19):
Hello,

This is Danjela, an outreachy applicant and a second year computer science student.
How is everyone doing?
Fine so far.
And you?

I am trying to build the Guix Data Service project locally and it prompts me to install Guile-Squee. I tried to install Squee but I am running into other build problems when I run 'make'. Apparently it can't find libpq, which I checked and is downloaded.
Here is the error message:
```
ice-9/boot-9.scm:752:25: In procedure dispatch-exception:
In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libpq", message: "file not found"
make[1]: *** [Makefile:968: squee.go] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/daniela/Downloads/guile-squee'
make: *** [Makefile:543: all-recursive] Error 1

```
I can't help with this particular issue right now, except that you can check if it has a guix file inside that can be passed to guix build -f you can try that.
I really want to start making some meaningful contributions to the project but don't know where to start or what sources to use in order to do so.
I have to note that I am not using Gnu/Guix, but I do have the Guix package manager installed as well as a Gnu/Linux distro. (OpenSuse Tumbleweed)
Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated by my side.
You could try to package something for guix in the meanwhile, that is always a great contribution. I believe you mentor will reach out to you soon.

Please don't hesitate to ask me further details if the description of the problem was to vague.

Thank you,
Best regards,
g_bor