guix-devel

Re: February update on data.guix.gnu.org and the Guix Data Service

From: Bengt Richter
Subject: Re: February update on data.guix.gnu.org and the Guix Data Service
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 18:45:39 +0100

Hi,

On +2020-03-12 14:21:51 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Christopher Baines <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > Another update on the Guix Data Service, I sent out the last update on
> > the 5th of January [1].
> >
> > 1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-01/msg00073.html
>
> I hadn’t yet got around to reading this message.  We really need
> Guix Weekly News.  :-)

+1 ;-)

Quick comments:
    1.  Looks really nice :)
    1a. I notice that inputs in
http://data.guix.gnu.org/gnu/store/0hpz4039vs2n514kbd3psh5dwl0dnqwg-guix-1.0.1-11.f38eabe.drv/formatted
        seem to be sorted by leading hash. Might it be nice to have a button to
sort starting past the hash?
    1b. Q: other than for making list diffs show equality reliably, is the
input ordering significant in terms of
        dependencies or process scheduling?

2. Are the http [sans 's'] links necessary?

[...]

--
Regards,
Bengt Richter