guix-devel

Packaging audacious

From: Jan Wielkiewicz
Subject: Packaging audacious
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 02:14:45 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to package the audacious music player, but I encountered a
problem - in the source directory there are libraries used by
audacious that is: libaudgui, libaudtag, audtool, libaudcore,
libaudqt and libguess.

When build without modifying the source, I get the following error:
validating RUNPATH of 3 binaries in
"/gnu/store/6ihw9w6ibs33k6v9dyqxblddwdvyx11m-audacious-3.10.1/lib"...
/gnu/store/6ihw9w6ibs33k6v9dyqxblddwdvyx11m-audacious-3.10.1/lib/libaudgui.so:
error: depends on 'libaudcore.so.5', which cannot be found in RUNPATH

So I tried decoupling it, by making libaudcore package, packaging
libguess and adding it as libaudcore's input, but it still wants
to have the file there:

g++: error: ../libguess/libguess.a: No such file or directory
Failed to link libaudcore.so!

How to do this correctly?

P.S. Still waiting for pjproject in Jami to be bumped, they're also
fixing some annoying bugs.

Jan Wielkiewicz