guix-devel

Re: wip-postfix

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: wip-postfix
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 09:11:21 +0100

Hello,

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. márc. 17., Ke 9:02):
Gábor Boskovits writes:

Hello Gábor,

> I've just pushed my work on postfix as a new wip-postfix branch.

That's great!  Yesterday I finally found some time to look at it.
Thanks for the feedback.

> Current status:
> Service starts fine. Some warnings are sent on startup, telling that
> some coreutils stuff is not found. No testing was done as of now.

I fixed that, see attched patch.

> Feedback welcome.

I found mail delivery not to work, out of the box (using attached
config).

When I start a vm like so:

    sed -e 's,-append ",-append "console=ttyS0 ,' $(./pre-inst-env guix system vm gnu/system/examples/postfix.tmpl) > rvm.shn
    sh rvm.sh -nographic -m 2G -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::10022-:2222,hostfwd=tcp::10025-:25

it does not work for me; I get

$ telnet localhost 10025
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 komputilo.localdomain ESMTP Postfix
mail from: root
mail from: root
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to: alice
rcpt to: alice
451 4.3.0 <alice>: Temporary lookup failure
data
data
554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients

When I hack around and create /etc/ailases.db, it works.
I would like to add a service config for this.

It looks like most everything is installed in a single, flat directory

    /gnu/store/pyv0rpd6zs0m2i482cb8qxd6mhf5b47z-postfix-minimal-3.4.8

executables, copies of readmes, (unused?) config files (main.cf,
aliases)?
Yes, but can be easily separated. The config files are installer generated, and not used.

Anyhow, this is a great start; next Mailman?

One thing that blocks me from finishing this is that the setuid programs in the os declatation should be extended, so that we can use the privilege separation of postfix. I would like to propose a patch later this week.

Greetings,
janneke
Best regards,
g_bor