guix-devel

Re: Help wanted: Nightly builds for Guix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Help wanted: Nightly builds for Guix
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 16:55:43 +0100

Hello!

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 05:29:37PM +0000, Carl Dong wrote:
>> I'm wondering where best to start with this. Perhaps it'd be informative to
>> know
>> how regular releases are done and see what's missing there (and perhaps what
>> needs automation)?
>
> Check the release target in our Makefile. I remember some detailed
> descriptions of the entire process from Ludovic in the past, but I can't
> remember where to find those messages.

The release process is documented at:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc/release.org

As for nightly builds: CI currently builds things like:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=guix-binary  ;binary tarball
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=disk-image   ;ISO9660 image

It’s inconvenient to grab, though, for someone who doesn’t already have
Guix.  Perhaps we should address that somehow?

Thanks,
Ludo’.