guix-devel

Re: Guix master: Lint warnings: inputs which should be native-inputs etc

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Guix master: Lint warnings: inputs which should be native-inputs etc
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 13:38:46 +0100

Hello,

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. márc. 23., Hét 11:02):
Hi,

so I've been using the Guix Data Service and it found a whole load of linter
warnings.  150 warnings for inputs that should probably be native inputs:

http://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/d4842a7c478230b7c12e65d04106db1e14c98cac/lint-warnings?package_query=&linter=inputs-should-be-native&message_query=&field=linter&field=message&field=location
This is just a related question: do we have a way to tell the linter that this should be ignored, and to tell it that this package is affected by something that the linter can not see.
One example is when something usually is a native input, but for the package considered it really should be input.
Another example is security fixing. We might fix something by a patch, and mark the package not affected, and conversely, we might have to carry a vulnerable patch to a version otherwise not affected. Wdyt?

It also found some more:

http://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/d4842a7c478230b7c12e65d04106db1e14c98cac

For example 176 unstable tarballs.

And 7 inputs should not be inputs, all of them python-setuptools, in:

python2-virtualenv
python-get-version
python-jaraco-packaging
python-legacy-api-wrap